Wednesday, August 22, 2012

In the midst of seven days of bliss

Sorry for the cheese ball title! It's the first thing that popped into my mind. Well here you go again... Have I mentioned how much I love when my husband is off work? Well, I love when my husband is off work! He's just so much darn fun! He somehow managed to get his whole seven off again this month so we were pretty excited about that! He informed me that once they get farther into the work year people will build up more time and he will be back to working more overtime. Unfortunately I know that this will coincide with my favorite time of year - fall and Christmas time. Oh well, I'm enjoying his time off while he's got it! Once I get my act together I'll be substituting in Dalton, but that hasn't happened yet. I'm liking my new found freedom - no classes or school work tying me down so I can travel all over the place! We came home to Habersham Monday while Chris is off. This was the first time he'd been home in a month so he had some work to get done at home. I'm just along for the ride :) We haven't been doing anything too exciting over the past few days - here are a few photos since I last posted

Sunday we visited FBC Dalton again and enjoyed ourselves. It was much less crowded this week for some reason so that's good and bad at the same time I guess. Good for new comers! Then we had lunch at Cracker Barrel - we both had been craving it. For some reason nothing feels like the holidays like Cracker Barrel, right? I guess because of the smells and the fact that they already have out fall and Christmas decorations! SCORE.
Before church at FBC Dalton on Sunday morning

Lunch with my favorite boy at Cracker Barrel 

If you don't know me, I love ham. Like, serious love y'all. A seriously unhealthy obsession.

Chris's parents bought him a grill a long time ago when he moved into our condo in Dalton but he hadn't really needed it yet. When they came over this past weekend they brought it with them and we couldn't wait to use it. We had big plans to grill out on Sunday night but that didn't happen. When we left our house to go to the grocery store to get some steaks it was bright and sunny. On the way home it started looking like this...
Not perfect grilling weather, eh?
 Chris was determined to put the grill together anyway so he spent he majority of the evening working on that while I watched! We had dinner and watched our new Hunger Games DVD (Which by the way I am currently watching again).
Pretty new grill! Thanks David & Angela!

Monday we hung around the house not really doing anything much. We packed up our things and started heading home late that afternoon. The drive is anywhere from two and a half to three hours depending on traffic and the route. We've been trying different routes lately to see if they are any faster and to see the sights. Monday we decided to head over Fort Mountain State Park and I'm so glad we did! It was a little longer but boy was it beautiful! I can't wait to drive it this fall when the leaves are changing.
Cute husband and gorgeous views!

Not so cute wife but still gorgeous views!

We got home and had dinner with Chris's parents before heading back to my house. This is the view from their front porch - breathtaking. There have been beautiful sunsets all this week!


Last night Chris and I cooked dinner for Mom & Dad - Chris cooked those darn steaks we bought in Dalton and I made mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. It was so yum! Tonight was our night to serve at church and we just got home. I really love our church and am glad I'm still able to be involved even though I technically live in Dalton :) They aren't getting rid of me! I'll be here through the weekend to teach my sweet Sunday school class. Have a great night!



1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful to have you as my wife! We always have a great time when I am off work. Let's continue the fun and exciting adventures that we have when I am off! I love you so much! I am truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete