Sunday, August 5, 2012

happy birthday, hal!

"Bless you my darling, and remember you are always in the heart - oh tucked so close there is not chance of escape - of your sister."  ~Katherine Mansfield


First day of FBC VBS with my partner in crime!
Mom and Dad celebrating Hal's birthday

Sis & I at The Globe for the birthday celebration. Yum!

"How do people make it through life without a sister?" As cheesy as this is, it is so true! How do they? I don't know what I would do without my sister. When I was young she was my role model, when I was a teenager she was my confidant, and now that I'm older she is my best friend. When I'm mad at the world I know I can always call her and cry with no judgement. When I'm happy about something she's the first person I want to tell. When someone is mean or hurts my feelings I know she will be the first person to stand up for me. 

Unconditional love is the best feeling, no matter who you share it with. However, there is nothing like the love of a sibling. I have been so lucky to grow up with such a wonderful sister, I can only hope my children love each other as much as my sister and I do. 

Happy Birthday, sister. I love you!

Love,
Car  


ps, "peanut butter eggs"





1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog. You're a truly kind and loving person with such a sweet spirit. Haley is so lucky to have such a wonderful sister....and vice-versa....You're blessed to have each other.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete