Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happy Days

I've been away from the blog for the past couple of weeks so I have several posts to update on where we've been and what we've been doing! We spent several days in Jekyll Island and that was pure bliss so expect the blogosphere to crash with the amount of photos I'll be posting of my favorite place.

Last week I was Camp Mom at my home church's camp, Camp Agape. They needed some help so I signed up without knowing what I was getting into and I had a blast with the campers and counselors. I think I'm finally catching up on my sleep! I'll post more about that later.

This weekend Mom and Haley (and Jasper, too!) came to our house for a visit. I absolutely love when they come to visit! We had a wonderful weekend. Haley and I spent Saturday afternoon at my new favorite pool in our neighborhood. We had a couple of peaceful hours before a big, loud, obnoxious, crew ruined our serenity and we called it a day. 

Saturday night we got ready and headed to Atlanta to have dinner with a lovely friend of my Mother's. We spent several hours at her home until well into the night and we so enjoyed it! I love hearing other people's stories, especially when they are so fascinating!

On Sunday we headed to Ikea at the exact worst time of the day! The store was mass chaos (as usual) and we were caught in an awful storm. Good thing Ikea could have it's own zip code so we missed the worst of the storm while we were inside. I've been wanting to get some bookshelves for our upstairs loft. All of our books are just stuck in boxes and I'm ready to have somewhere to put them. We should have them all put together today so I'll probably post some pictures of the loft once I get it looking less like a tornado has hit. I'm really excited about how it's coming along! Hopefully I'll post some updated pictures of our house soon, too.

In other news, Jasper and Darla were super sweet to each other this weekend! Haley even caught them snoozing together in the chair once. Darla is very interested in him and follows him wherever he goes. Jasper is the sweetest, most tame, husky there has ever been. He looks at her out of the corner of his eye but barely bats an eyelash when she's slapping away at his big, fluffy, tail. 

Here are a few pictures of them and of us before we headed to dinner Saturday night.




Jas scarfing down his dinner before Darla could get any

Sweet babies

Mom and me on our front porch

Love this sweet husband of mine

My best friend in the world

The three musketeers

It was a great weekend! I hope yours was too!

Love,

1 comment:

  1. Cute fur-babies! Our puppy and older dog are just now starting to get along better...I was super excited the first time I took a picture of them both napping on the couch at the same time.

    ReplyDelete