Thursday, March 14, 2013

My most recent bargain

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. I have a tendency to hoard and it is much worse when it is something sentimental to me. This explains why I randomly spent hundreds of dollars on china pieces a couple of weeks ago.

A year ago (WHAT?) when I was doing our registry I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to register for china. I figured if I wanted it I could start a collection anytime. I set up our registries at the local stores (where 99% of our gifts came from) without registering for any china. After our first shower I had to go back in and put some more items on the list. That's when I saw a pattern I fell in love with and added it to the list without a second thought. 

Since I added it late we didn't receive very many pieces. I wasn't concerned since I knew the china would just be stored at mom's house indefinitely. I do get it out from time to time to look at it because it's so darn pretty! I feel fancy just playing with it.

Two weekends ago when I was at home Mom and I stopped by the same shop to do our wedding season gift shopping. It just so happened that there were some mismatched pieces of my china pattern for 50% off! China rarely goes on sale so we couldn't pass it up! Mom and I bought all the pieces and it just so happened that it almost exactly completed my set! I have everything I need plus accent plates I didn't even originally register for. I ended up with two extra plates but that's okay with me!

I specifically registered for a simple silver pattern because I knew I would want to mix and match it with my great grandmother's china. Her china is silver and a mint green color and is in perfect condition. It was passed down to my Meme, my Mama, and now to me. It may seem silly but I can't even explain how special it is to me.

After I got the new pieces home I got out the old china and played around with it. I love how they look together and can't wait to use them one day!










No comments:

Post a Comment