Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A substitute's life for me

A picture from a sweet fourth grader


I haven't blogged in a few days but that's because the past few days have been pretty uneventful. I last wrote Thursday night before my first day of subbing on Friday. Well, let me tell you, that was a trip! Like I said before, I signed up for a Middle School Social Studies class but that's not what it ended up being. When I got there at 7:30 I was sent to a sixth grade Math/Science class. My cohort friends are laughing hysterically right about now because they know how terrified I am of math! Needless to say it was a very hectic, long, wild day! Not only was it a Friday, but there was also a dance after school so the kids were super crazy! 

I really didn't do much over the weekend because it was kind of yucky here and Chris worked all weekend. Obviously I watched my dawgs play and win Saturday so that was great! I had a ton of unpacking and cleaning to do from vacation so that kept me pretty busy! I'm still not caught up on laundry... I hate laundry, y'all. Hopefully I'll get caught up by next weekend when we leave for Gatlinburg! Living trip to trip, y'all!

Monday I was signed up to substitute in first grade until lunch time. Once again things changed at the last minute and I ended up staying the rest of the day to substitute in fourth grade. I had an absolute blast! My first graders were such sweet hearts and I had the best time with the fourth graders! Yesterday was definitely a subbing success! I loved the school so I was signed up for several more days there in the next couple of months and I'm excited to go back. I'm enjoying getting to spend time in different schools and meet a lot of new people. That's the thing about teachers - they usually they make you feel very welcome! I experienced a lot of hospitality over these two days. I'm going back to the same sixth graders on Thursday so we will see how that goes! Keep me in your prayers as I'm thrown into a new lions den each time!






No comments:

Post a Comment