Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Take me back?

{ If you're visiting from Kelly's Korner, welcome! This post has a few pictures from our honeymoon at the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana resort in the Dominican Republic. It's a small boutique resort with only 50 rooms so if you are looking for somewhere small and relaxing it's perfect! The food was fresh, organic, and absolutely delicious (this coming from someone who is a fast food junkie!) The staff were more like friends and made us feel so at home. I would go back in a heart beat! Enjoy! }

One of our favorite movies is Couples Retreat, and it just so happens to be on right now. I love the actors, and who doesn't like watching a movie about a place as beautiful as "Eden?" Now this movie reminds me so much of our honeymoon! Well let me tell you folks, we may not have visited Bora Bora for our honeymoon, but our little paradise in the Dominican Republic was heaven enough for me! I realized I never posted any pictures to the blog so I thought I'd reminisce and post a few of my favorites. I've already written about how I'm dying to go to the beach. We leave for Myrtle Beach three weeks from yesterday and I am stoked. It's no Zoetry, but I'll take it... 

If you've seen Couples Retreat then you probably remember Ctanley (with a C of course), the resort manager that Vince Vaughn battles in Guitar Hero? The number one reason why this movie reminds me so much of Zoetry is him. The general manager of our resort was exactly like him. Like, bizarrely like him! The resort was teeny tiny (under 100 people) so we saw him several times a day out and about and he knew all the guests. He was always popping up at the restaurants and the beach. Chris and I laughed every time we saw him! Okay, onto the pictures...



Heading out

Our awesome room!

Can I have this at my house please?
Dominican Breakfast - My mouth is watering
The most incredible grounds!

Our bungalow in the center

Amaya Restaurant 

Ahhh... Heaven on Earth

Taking an afternoon stroll

Ponds and pools

Our favorite - Indigo restaurant by the pool and beach

Totally empty beach

One of our spots for the day
Beach bums

Our bungalow one evening - the best time of the day

At the pool outside our room

Pool boy ;)

Paco!

The resort pet

Tropical Island = sun allergy to the extreme

Our favorite spot!

Are you joking me?

We really went here?

Husband carrying my beach bag

Last day

Last day on the beach

Waiting for the helicopter to pick us up for the airport

Here he comes!

Best experience ever!

Chris thinks so too

So clear you can see the shadows!
Perfect ending to the perfect week!


Okay, now I've made myself sick. Chris, when are we going back? 

2 comments:

  1. I love how happy ya'll are and the huge smiles on your faces! Looks so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life. I'm having such a great time looking at everyone's vacation photos. It's also giving my husband and I some new ideas for places we might want to visit.
    Wow! What a gorgeous place to vacation.

    ReplyDelete