Sunday, November 17, 2013

Family.

It's no secret that I'm a home body and am obsessed with my family. We are abnormally close and always have been! The past year and a half have been very hard for me. Moving 2-3 hours away from my family was never in my plan, but God had a different plan! Funny how that works, right? 

While we were still living in Dalton I spent the majority of weekends at my parents or my sisters to get out of town and our sad little condo. Now that we've moved into our house I spend much more time here and see my family a lot less than I was used to. 

About a month ago I went home for the first time in a few weeks and it worked out where everyone had a free weekend. The leaves were changing so my family took a drive to Highlands, North Carolina. We love eating at Madison's Restaurant at Old Edwards Inn and shopping around town. It's close enough to my parents to have a day trip and there's plenty to see along the way.

We had a yummy lunch, did a little shopping, and saw some beautiful scenery.


My sweet parents

We look like twins here, Hal!


So pretty



One of the look offs along the way

My precious dad, standing on the bridge where he used to race his old cars!

Haley's Quiche

Y'all know I love me some shrimp and grits!


My people


I'm missing my people today! Lucky for my I get to see my Mom and sister and go to the Rockettes on Wednesday! Have a great week, y'all!




8 comments:

  1. It is funny how different our plans are form God's some time? I understand right where you are coming from! I love being with family as well, however looking back now I wouldn't trade being away from family for anything! It really allowed me and Daniel to become one and our own family and for us to learn to depend on only each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have imagined agreeing with you, Whitney, but I do! It took me some time to get adjusted but now I'm much happier! You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder :) With phones, internet, FaceTime, etc, sometimes I forgot I haven't actually seen them!

      Delete
  2. Wow y'all DO look like twins. Hahaha. Lovely photos! I enjoy following you on insta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow y'all DO look like twins. Hahaha. Lovely photos! I enjoy following you on insta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, lady! It seems like the older we get the more we look alike!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you all had a lovely weekend and I love all of the photos!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lauren! Heading over to your place now!

      Delete
  5. whoah, i just realized I have visited your blog but just never followed along :/ ughhh, sorry for all the extreme comments. I'll stop now! lol

    ReplyDelete