Monday, May 13, 2013

Mama's Day

I have been blessed with wonderful examples of great women in my life. Unfortunately my grandmothers are not here anymore but their love lives on everyday in my Mama and Daddy's words and actions. 

Life is not about years, it's about moments. Although I didn't have as many years as I would have liked, I am thankful that I have enough memories of both of my grandmothers to last me the rest of my life.

If there is anything I have learned from the three mothers in my life, it is love. 

Because of my grandmother there isn't a day that goes by that my Dad doesn't tell me how much he loves me and how proud he is that I am his daughter. I am so grateful for the way that he loves my Mama, Haley, and Me. 

In the few short years that I had with both of them, my Meme and Grandpa showed me what true love looked like. They were the epitome of the love 1st Corinthians describes and the kind of love that is so rare nowadays. My Meme dedicated her life to raising five wild youngins' and I will never have a doubt that her family was her biggest source of pride. 

And my Mama. When I was little I didn't understand her love for Haley and me. I wished she didn't care so much - like those other parents who didn't show up at school for everything or make their kids do their homework! How silly children are... As I've gotten older I've only begun to comprehend how much she loves us. I know I won't fully grasp it until I have my own babies one day. She has been there for everything, and I know she always will be. She has always pushed me to be my best self and I owe all my happiness in life to her. She and my sister are my best friends and I am so glad she raised us to love one another so fiercely. I can only hope I can raise my own children with as much love as my mother raised us. I am so thankful God created me to be her child. 

Because I'm better at expressing my feelings with photos...









"When I stopped seeing my mother with the eyes of a child, I saw the woman who helped me give birth to myself."
~ Nancy Friday

I love you, Mama! Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment