Sunday, January 6, 2013

Embrace it.

If you spend much time exploring the blog world, you are probably no stranger to the "Word of the Year" fad. Bloggers choose one specific word to define their life in the coming year. I've been reading other blogger's choices for the last month or so and have debated whether or not I should join in on the fun. If I'm being honest, choosing a word for 2013 scares me because it means I'm committing to this word in my daily life. Blogging truthfully was one of my resolutions so here goes nothing, y'all. As soon as I came across this word, I knew it was the word for my year.

Via
Embrace can be defined as, "To take or receive gladly or eagerly; accept willingly." I touched on this idea in my New Years resolutions post without even realizing it. In 2013 I want to focus on willingly and eagerly accepting everything that life throws my way. I haven't done so well with this in the past so it's something I'm committing to in 2013. Y'all know I'm not a fan of change and there are bound to be even bigger changes this year.

I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to live in the future. I'm always waiting for the next big thing to happen. Life has been such a whirlwind up to this point and now that it has slowed down it's a little strange! I think that's just human nature - especially since we have become such a dissatisfied culture that requires instant gratification. So many of us aren't happy just living. Like I've blogged before, it's the in betweens that really matter and make life worth living. I've learned this the hard way and I'm going to focus on embracing the in betweens this year!

Wish me luck!


"To be hopeful, to embrace one possibility after another that is surely the basic instinct - crying out: High tide! Time to move out into the glorious debris. Time to take this life for what it is!"
~ Barbara Kingsolver 



Via




No comments:

Post a Comment