Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to my sweet daddy!

My dad's birthday was yesterday but I decided to wait until today to post about it. Somehow it seemed more important to post about the events of last night. Like I said in my previous post, we spent the evening at the church so we didn't really get to celebrate with dad. However, we decided to celebrate early anyway. We gave dad his gifts on Sunday and went to dinner to celebrate. Dad is the hardest person to buy for! He is seriously the most content person on the face of the Earth. Let's be honest, even though we all tell people not to get us anything we love getting presents! Who doesn't? Dad, that's who! I guess growing up with so little has really made him appreciate everything he has in life. I strive to be more like him. 

Chris and I gave him a book - my typical go to present. I inherited my love of reading from dad and there is an endless supply of history/military books to get him! I'm not even sure what we gave him - Chris picked it out. He has already started reading it and seems to like it so I'm happy. I am so lucky God blessed me with such an amazing father. He is the epitome of unconditional love. He never lets a single day pass without telling me how much he loves me and how proud he is of me. I try to return the favor! Since I got my wedding photos back this week enjoy a few in honor of sweet Pete!

Seeing Dad for the first time before the wedding



Awkward family photo


Dad and his girls
Lighting the Unity Candle
About to walk down the aisle 



Our dance to Dad's favorite song, "Dock of the Bay"

Mom and Dad's toast

 If you are reading this, I love you daddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment